Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Raintree Foundation in the Kingdom of Thailand

My 4 weeks in the Philippines is over and I have now moved onto The Kingdom of Thailand. I was genuinely upset to leave the Philippines. I had a great time on the assignment in Manila and my two weeks travelling on the islands have left a very strong impression. I will be back. However I have swapped one beautiful SE Asian country for another. I am here in Thailand to support the Raintree Foundation through the gospel of sound accounting practice (I do feel a little bit like a missionary); Raintree is an NGO that runs community projects in the hills of Northern Thailand. The NGO does some great work running children homes and providing foster care for hill tribe children who come from tough backgrounds of poverty and domestic strife. Raintree also supports hill villages through the installation of water pumps and Bio-Sand filters to ensure safe and clean water supplies.http://www.raintree-foundation.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment